MWCC runs an active junior development program for kids aged 8-17 on both road and mountain bikes.
Use your Active Kids Voucher to make joining up free!
We run skill development days in the school holidays for kids aged 8-12. Keep an eye on the website and social media channels for upcoming dates. For all enquiries or to get on the mailing list contact our Kids Skills Coach.
Our regular junior program for ages 8+ includes:
- Friday night training races at HART St Ives (Nov to March). 6pm just show up or contact Lachlan Soper for more details. For kids who like road biking but looking for a safe environment and some friendly competition.
- We also run weekly “Bike School” basic skills sessions on a Friday (Nov to March) for any age from 6:30-7:15pm at HART St Ives.
- Mid-week training rides and longer weekend endurance rides with our Neo Pros group. Suited for ages 14 and above. Â
- Tue Mosman Hills (6am Parriwi St, Mosman)
- Thur flat ride out to Bayview and back. (6am bus shelter on Pittwater Rd opposite Bike Addiction in North Manly.)
- Sat 6:15am for a 70km loop to Akuna Bay and Duffys Forest.
- Sunday has occasional longer ride distances, so keep an eye on the TeamApp.
- Regular mountain bike group rides for older kids 15 and up with our club MTB rides – first Sunday of the month. Come for a ride with your kids. All details on the club TeamApp.
- Access to the Northside Cycling Academy for those who want to step it up with an elite coach and serious training squad. This runs on Tue evenings (Summer) and Saturday mornings. This is by invitation only so register your interest with supercoach Helmet Vetisch.
Other activities include:
- Tips and training days with our high performance National Road Series Team – Team BridgeLane. Contact Grant Kepler for details.
- Training plans from our club coaches to improve performance.
- Discounted physiological testing with Zoom in Zones.
- Discount bike fitting services from Pave The Way.
- Targeted races and junior tours that we go to as a club.
- Discounted race entry and club uniform.
How do I get started?
Firstly, you need to join MWCC with an AusCycling membership.
- MWCC is currently offering limited free memberships for new junior members who have not held a membership before and wish to represent the club at races. Get in contact with the club president to see if these are available.
- Paid memberships or renewals can be purchased here. Make sure you select Manly Warringah Cycling Club as your club.
- For those renewing or paying for their memberships, AusCycling membership is eligible for the Active Kids program. For details on how to redeem this go to auscycling.org.au/membership/other/activekids
Then get in contact and let us know youâ€™re coming along!
All our programs are insured and our skill development sessions are run by accredited coaches. All junior program leaders are up to date with WWCC and first aid.