The Four Gorges Strikes Back Episode V will take place on Sunday 18 August. As with Episode IV released earlier this year, this is a ride for the masses, not just for the elite, though the elite are more than welcome to come along of course. Fresh from their overseas travels Chris Hedley & Lynne Clarke are once again inviting you on their awesome adventure!
Looking to go further than you have ever gone before? Looking for a long, social ride or perhaps you are looking for some company on a long ride – well this Sunday fill your saddle bags and water bottles and come along on a journey.
The idea is to offer a longer ride (approximately 130km round trip from Manly) to club riders who may not have done this particular ride before or would like to stretch themselves to something a little more challenging than the regular Church Point ride. The tempo will therefore be on the easier side and designed to encourage everyone out onto the road. So no excuses!
Riders should be self-sufficient and prepared for a fun 130km hilly ride. All being well you should be back in Manly by midday. We won’t ride if it’s raining.
Don’t let the distance daunt you, riding in the group will make it easier and the banter will take your mind off the pain in your legs. Riders are welcome to ride only part of the course if they wish, however be aware that you will be left to guide yourself home.
Rules of the ride are:-
1. We wait for all riders at the top of every climb.
2. Be self sufficient. Bring plenty of food, drink and money. Don’t forget the sunblock!
3. We leave at 6:30am from the bus stop opposite Bike Addiction on Pittwater Road. Don’t be late as it’s hard to catch up!
4. This is a social ride so come along for goodness sake – go on, be sociable!
5. Manly kit is encouraged of course, though not compulsory.